Have you finally decided to invest in app development services for extending your business reach? If yes, then you have made the right decision at this juncture. The reason is the increasing inclination towards smartphones that provide easy accessibility to products and services.
Since the reach of mobile devices is increasing at a faster pace, enterprises find it relevant to meet customer requirements far and wide. Therefore, go for a hybrid app development approach in terms of providing an engaging user experience across devices.
For quite a long time, hybrid apps have taken the centre stage in the app marketplace due to having versatile functionalities and extended reach. More than a native mobile app for one platform, hybrid apps cater to the requirements of multiple platforms and devices. No matter, if you are targetted customers on desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet, it is simple to access hybrid apps.
Thus, this post discusses more hybrid app development, benefits, and some common examples of such versatile applications.
Short Introduction to Hybrid App Development
Hybrid apps refer to mobile applications that provide you the combined experience of a native and a web app. It comprises features of both types of apps and allows users to access the same on any choice of the device with ease. Moreover, these types of applications bridge the gap between web and native apps and allow users to access both worlds with ease.
To get a better understanding of hybrid, let’s get to differentiate hybrid apps from native and web apps.
- Hybrid vs native apps: Native apps are built for a particular choice of the platform could be Android or iOS as per your requirement. The app development company works on one or both native app development by using a particular programming language. Thus, native apps are designed keeping a particular operating system in mind along with preferred features and functionalities. On the other side, hybrid apps have the potential to provide you native app-like experience at a single cost.
- Hybrid vs web apps: A web app is more of a Cloud-based application rather than installing and then accessing the same. In reality, web apps cover large bandwidth for content, pages, visuals, and other related elements. On the other hand, hybrid apps offer you functionalities of both native and web apps. You can install the same and even access the such application on any browser of your choice.
Key Benefits of Developing Hybrid Apps
Hybrid app development offers you manifold benefits that are as follows:
- Cost-effective app development:One of the sorted benefits of investing in hybrid app development is the affordable cost factor. Several enterprises rely on native app development with the purpose to provide customized user-level experiences on particular platform apps. However, they end up paying more for creating apps for Android, iOS, and other platforms. Hybrid apps are a combination of native and web apps and provide you enhanced user experience to a great extent.
- Faster time to market: Another promising advantage of relying on hybrid app development is the faster time to market. It is simple to create hybrid apps for multiple platforms in a short time compared to native and web app development. The entire software development process is shorter compared to other platforms. Thus, it allows you to develop hybrid apps fast and release them instantly on Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
- Efficient functioning: Hybrid app developers rely on a single codebase to create such versatile apps in the shortest possible time. Thus, it allows code shareability from platform to platform and makes the enterprise app development process goes agile.
Best Examples of Hybrid Apps Available Today
Now that you have got some idea of the hybrid app and its difference from the native and web apps. Also, to have a better understanding, let’s have a look at the different types of hybrid apps available these days.
- Instagram:One of the most popular and extensively accessed social media platforms of Instagram is a hybrid app. It allows you to access the same on your smartphone via an app and browse the same on any operating system with ease.
- Uber:The ride-sharing app is an impressive example of a hybrid app for users to book cab service at any point in time. It is also a hybrid app that allows you the easy navigational flow of features and benefits of booking a cab swiftly from the app and on the browser itself.
- Twitter: It is another best example of a hybrid app that has become an ideal social media platform for trends and news sharing. Twitter offers two mobile applications namely Twitter and Twitter Lite. The latter is the hybrid app that is easy to access on any platform and browser you like.
- Gmail:Undoubtedly, Gmail has to be there in the list of best hybrid apps available today. Access the same and even log in the Gmail from any browser to check and access your important emails.
Developing a hybrid app for business is a profitable affair to meet extensive user requirements with ease. Reach the target audience by letting the customers access your app on smartphones, desktops, laptops, and tablets with ease. Thus, get in touch with hybrid app development experts available at Mobi India to meet your requirements with ease.