A lot has been discussed about web application development, its technologies, and its benefits for organizations. There is an extensive line of resources available for understanding the insights of web app development. Similarly, this guide is meant for the same to once again refresh your mind or gather new information about web apps in 2022.
For those who do not know, the web app is a web-based project that functions similarly to a mobile app but on distinctive browsers. In a way, the web application is the modern-day combination of a website and a mobile app.
Web applications prioritize fast loading speed, engaging responsiveness, and lasting interactions, and are delivered over a wide range of networks. If your target audience is available more on the web, then implementing web application development is an ideal way to gather widespread attention.
Therefore, you must understand more about web app development, its difference from the website, and its top advantages. Apart from that, here you will also get to know the technologies used and different types of the web app.
So, without further ado, let’s get started on the same.
What is Web Application Development?
As the name itself implies, the web application is a web-based interactive app that is built using website technologies. Just like a mobile app, a web-based app can be accessed online without finding the need to download the same.
Know the Difference Between Web App & Website
The first line of difference lies in the web app and website is the functionality. As you already know, the website is more in the terms of providing information to users. However, the web application is designed to be more interactive, UI-focussed, and ensure conversions rapidly.
Secondly, interaction is another difference that you experience between a website and a web app. While accessing a website, you can only read and go to the particular information without making any changes. On the other side, users can not only read the data on a web app but also change the same. For example, Google Docs is a web application on which you can access a particular file and make changes accordingly. So, there is flexibility on the part of the web app to change the information accordingly.
User authentication is another big difference between a web application and a website. The web app requires end-to-end authentication from respective users to log in and create an account. Just like social media apps require a particular username, password, and further authentication to open the account. Even the system warns you of weak passwords and usernames that may pose an invite to hackers.
Key Benefits of Web App For Business
From the above-mentioned difference, it’s crystal clear that web applications are better compared to the website. Not only this, there are other advantages of a web app that you should be aware of.
- Cost-Effective: One of the advantages is the budget-friendly web app development. Executing the development of a web application is much cheaper compared to mobile app development and even creating a customized website. Developers will create a feature-rich web application, generate a URL, and be ready to access any platform you like.
- Cross-Platform Accessibility: A majority of web applications are compatible across a variety of browsers with no hassle at all. There are simple requirements for a web application to function effectively. It can be easily accessed on a variety of browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and more. You can implement Android or iOS app development seamlessly and run across different browsers.
- Easy to Manage: Web application only requires installation on the server along with the minimal requirement of the end-user workstation. It does not require complicated infrastructure and functions easily on any platform.
- Secure Data: Unlike a website that requires separate systems to keep larger and more complex data, a web app reduces the need to invest in extensive systems. Rather it stores all the consolidated data and provides an added layer of security to prevent any data leakage.
- Simple to Customize: A web application is a custom-made system that offers a great deal of flexibility and scalability factor. Businesses can create fully customizable web applications by implementing brand-affected design, UI elements, and other functionalities.
3 Types of Web Applications
Majorly, there are three different types of web applications that offer distinctive usage factors to targetted customers. All the applications utilize the same web technologies that we will discuss in the next section.
1. Client-Side Web Apps:It emphasizes more on the front-end development of the application to engage more and more users. As the name implies, these web apps have a primary focus on adding interactive design elements and working on the impressive user interface to enrich the user experience. Also, another focus lies in improving the loading speed of the web application to engage more & more users.
2. Server-Side Web Apps:It is best synonymous with back-end development of the web app that focuses more on adding well-functioning technologies. The back-end is composed of different databases, application programming interfaces, servers, and other functionalities.
3. Single-Page Apps:It differs from the multi-page web application in which users have the flexibility to access different pages. On the contrary, the single-page application has only one page to showcase all the content, design elements, and engaging user interface. Moreover, it has desirable advantages on the part of the front-end and back-end.
Web App Frameworks & Technologies
The technology stack is the most imperative part of the web application. It comprises back-end and front-end technologies to power the web app.
- HTML: HyperText Markup Language is another necessary front-end technology for seamless web application development. It ensures the structured content of a webpage is visible to the eyes of users.
- CSS:Cascading Style Scripts (CSS) is a language used for denoting the presence of the web application.
- Programming Language: There are different server-side and client-side programming languages available to handle the overall functionality of a web app. You can rely on Java, Python, Ruby, and PHP programming languages.
- Database: It is required to effectively store the information of web applications in a secured manner. Structured Query Language (SQL) is one of the go-to-query languages among web developers to best store and protect the data.
Investing in web application development is beneficial for enterprises to provide interactive and responsive web experiences. Enable the target audience to access your business platform on the web without finding the need to download a specific application. Rely on the app development expertise of developers at Mobi India and start creating a memorable user experience.